Advice and support
If you are worried about your gambling or if you are affected by someone else's gambling, you can contact:
- GamCare: Are a charitable organisation that provides help and counselling to those with gambling problems. To speak to someone, visit the GamCare Website or call their confidential helpline on be 0808 8020 133.
Alternatively, if you would like to chat to Gamcare staff or other people who are concerned with their gambling difficulties, you can now take part in the Gamcare Forum.
- Gordon House online at www.gamblingtherapy.org. See www.gordonhouse.org.uk or call 01384 241292 for details of the help and treatment they provide.
- Gamblers Anonymous at www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk or on 0207 384 3040
- Gam-Anon at www.gamanon.org.uk or on 08700 50 88 80. Gam-Anon deals specifically with friends or family of people who have issues with their gambling.
- The Samaritans at www.samaritans.org.uk or on 08457 90 90 90 (UK)
If you are looking for information and advice on dealing with debt, you can speak to:
- Citizens Advice at www.citizensadvice.org.uk
- The National Debt Helpline www.nationaldebtline.co.uk or on 0808 808 4000
You can also use special software to filter and/or block gambling website: